Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Race for the Ring
Saturday, July 14, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM (PDT)
West Sacramento, CA
Registration is now closed. Join us on Saturday morning at Raley Field to register in person!
Grab a friend, a bike and a cell phone to join us for Bank of America's 4th annual Race for the Ring. Teams of two solve riddles and complete challenges sent via text message while biking throughout downtown Sacramento. The top 10 finishing teams with the most points at the end of the competition will win beautiful jewelry from Rogers Jewelry Company and other amazing prizes. Check out this great video to learn how to play the game.
9am - Registration opens
10am - Opening ceremony
10:15am - Kick off
12:15pm - Race concludes and after party begins
1:15pm - Winners announced
1:30pm - Event wraps up
Each team's $50 registration fee benefits Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services. Your team registration fee includes entry into the race, two t-shirts, lunch for two, two goody bag, an opportunity to bid on silent auction items, live music and a chance to win amazing prizes!
Can't make it out for the event? Are not the world's best texter? Worried people would make fun of your bicycle with training wheels? Consider being a virtual racer. You still receive a shirt, are welcome to join us at the after party and your donation supports an amazing cause. Follow the same quick registration steps as everyone else and be a virtual racer!
- Each team consists of 2 people. Both team members must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Participants cannot use or receive help with transportation from anyone outside the team during the race, either on foot or in any type of vehicle.
- Personal mobility devices (wheelchairs or scooters) are permitted.
- Participants must sign a hold harmless agreement when they check in at the event.
- Any violation of these rules can result in disqualification and are at the sole discretion of SCVNGR, Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services and its media partners.
- Compatible carries include AT&T, Verizon, Sprint/Nextel, T-mobile, Alltell and US Cellular.
- To make sure your phone will work, text TEST to 728-647. You'll receive a confirmation message that says "Great news!" Didn't receive this? Check your spelling, the number and delete all signatures. Still nothing? Call your carrier's Customer Care and ask to enable third-party text messages.
- Event winners are responsible for any taxes incurred upon winning prizes over $600.
1. Stay tuned for details sent to your e-mail as the event draws nearer.
2. Follow event updates on Race for the Ring's Facebook page!
3. Tell your friends!
Thank you to our incredible sponsors who make it possible to host Race for the Ring this year.
Please note there are no refunds for registration. If you are unable to attend, please let us know and your shirts will be mailed to you.
When & Where
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) is dedicated to assisting those in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. SFBFS serves 20,000 men, women and children each month through six diverse programs, which include Food, Clothing, Adult Education, Parent Education, Youth Education and Senior. All services are provided free of charge thanks to the generous support of donors and 5,000 volunteers who contribute 60,000+ hours annually. For more information about SFBFS, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org